Microsoft has just announced that the Partner in Learning School Review (PilSR) has been updated, streamlined and re-introduced as the School Transformation Survey and is ready now! It is available at http://bit.ly/2jukdwc on the Microsoft Educator Community. This is a tool which supports the leadership of 21st Century Pedagogy referenced in the Microsoft Education Transformation Framework http://aka.ms/stframework. It should become a critical tool in your work with individual schools, districts and at system levels as it can show measurable improvement over time.
Measure Innovative Teaching across a school or region
The School Transformation Survey is a whole school survey tool used for bench-marking innovative practices, measuring improvement and identifying growth points.
- This survey measures the perception of leadership and educators around the components of Innovative Teaching and Learning and provides a report within MeC, as a printable PDF and as a data file.
- The Survey tool supports the Leadership of 21st Century Pedagogy organizer in the Microsoft in Education Transformation Framework.
The school simply identifies a survey administrator who reviews a quick user-guide Office MIX and receives a code to unlock the survey on the administrators profile in the Microsoft Educator Community.
The Office Mix user-guide can be found at: http://bit.ly/2kk6fy6
The data is yours and your administrator can view data:
- live through the Microsoft Educator Community
- as a printable PDF
- as a download
- Read the research. The School Transformation Survey is underpinned by the findings of the Innovative Teaching and Learning Research http://aka.ms/itlresearch
- Undertake the survey with a pilot group. Have the admin create a sample survey for a pilot group of teachers and leaders to take so you can best understand how to introduce this to your staff and answer any questions.
- Create time to walk through the survey as a staff .
- Develop shared understanding around some of the language will ensure validity of the results.
- Understand what could be next. The School Transformation Survey will identify Innovative Teaching and Learning strengths and growth points. The 21CLD Program available in the Microsoft Educator Community http://aka.ms/21cldcourse will develop capacity to design learning that develops 21st century skills.