The Microsoft in Education team has some exciting news for you. We have launched the Microsoft Educator Community. This new community site is a combined experience of the Microsoft Educator Network and Skype in the Classroom. This site is a central destination where you’ll have access to over 1.5 million educators around the world, a fresh selection of professional development courses and resources, thousands of inspiring lesson plans, and access to live lessons and virtual field trips.
How to get started
Below are a few steps that will help kick-start your engagement with the new educator community. (For current Microsoft Educator Network users, please click here to access instructions on moving your profile):
1. Sign-up and create a profile to depict your expertise and make it easier for other community members to find and connect with you
2. Choose from a variety of training options around technology use in the classroom
3. Create a lesson or browse existing lessons plans, virtual field trips, or live lessons.
5. Earn badges by completing training, sharing your expertise, or being active in the community
6. Share the new site with your peers, school, and other educators
What does the educator community offer?
• Free interactive ICT training (ranging from basic to advanced) with more badges
• Lesson plans and discussions that are easy to create, share or utilize in your classroom
• More educators, guest speakers and virtual field trips to connect and collaborate with
• A visual, clear, and friendly design based on educator feedback
• Simple navigation to easily find useful information
• A single location to find information and resources on technology use in the classroom
Why not take a look!