The Microsoft Teaching with Technology course is a free online, self-study course available through the Microsoft Educator Network. It begins with a diagnostic assessment which then advises a participant which of the following modules he or she should complete in order to be awarded a Teaching with Technology certificate:
- Why does UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers promote technology literacy
- Selecting ICT resources to support curriculum outcomes
- How do technology and pedagogy mix
- Use basic ICT tools to support teaching and learning
- Technology literacy and your professional development
- Organise and manage the use of ICT in your classroom
The Microsoft Teaching with Technology course is excellent preparation for those teachers who wish to write the international Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) exam. The first five teachers to complete the Teaching with Technology course who send firstname.lastname@example.org their certificates, will each be sent a Microsoft sponsored voucher to take the MCE exam. This offer is limited to the first five teachers who send in their certificate – so please do use the opportunity to validate your global educator technology literacy competencies.