Office Mix offers a simple way to turn PowerPoint slides into interactive online lessons and presentations, including video, quizzes and active links. Office Mix is available for free and once downloaded easily installs into PowerPoint. Educators can use Office Mix to create and share rich, interactive lessons that students can review at home, and reserve class time for group discussions and to focus on difficult material.
You can watch a video showing a quick tour of the Office Mix features as shown below
The following resources give a good overview of how you can use office Mix in your classroom.
- Getting Started: Download Office Mix and get started
- Flip your classroom by creating Office Mix Lessons: Learn to create a dynamic lesson from PowerPoint by inserting voice overs, add a movie or include a poll.
- Upload and share a lesson in Office Mix: Upload a lesson to Office Mix, and assign permissions so only students have access.
- Insert quizzes to check knowledge in Office Mix lessons: The Quiz capability in Mix lets students assess their understanding.
- Use a screen recording to create a lesson in Office Mix: Use screen recording to provide tutorials, conduct searches, explain processes or insert a virtual whiteboard.