Have you noticed the recent change of name of Microsoft’s Partners in Learning Network to the Microsoft Educator Network? (the URL is still http://www.pil-network.com/) This change took place on April 15th 2014. There are amazing resources and great opportunities for professional development and opportunities to connect to teachers all over the world available on the Network.. In a nutshell on the the Microsoft Educator Network, amongst a myriad of other benefits, you can:
- Get Learning Activities created by teachers using Microsoft tools
- Find tutorials on how to use Microsoft tools in the classroom created by teachers for teachers
- Download over 30 free tools to use in the classroom
We are pleased to announce that we will be holding a free SchoolNet webinar about what is available on the Microsoft Educator Network on Thursday afternoon 8 May at 3pm. Our presenter is Megan Rademeyer from SchoolNet. We would love you to join us and find out more.
Meeting Name: ‘Get to know the Microsoft Educator Network’ by Megan Rademeyer
Summary: The Microsoft Educator Network (www.pil-network.com) is a great platform for teachers to stay in touch with trends in education, to get ideas for lessons that use technology, and to complete free online courses. In this webinar we will talk about how you can use the Microsoft Educator Network to:
- download great tools including Autocollage, Photostory, Microsoft Maths and Photosynth and we will show examples of how some of these tools have been used to enhance lessons
- get ideas and lesson plans from learning activities developed by winners at the Microsoft in Education Global Forum and how you can share your own Learning Activity
- complete online professional development courses such as the “Teaching with Technology” course.
Presenter: Megan Rademeyer from SchoolNet
When: Thursday 8 May 2014 at 3:00 PM (Note new time)
Duration: 30 minutes
Time Zone: (GMT+02:00) Pretoria
To join the meeting:
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before or if you haven’t attended an Adobe Connect meeting for a while you might need to install a free add-in. To investigate this, test your connection:
SchoolNet South Africa provides a short, free webinar every Thursday afternoon during the school term. Our new starting time is 3pm.