On Thursday afternoon 6 March 2014 at 3.30pm we held a SchoolNet webinar entitled ‘Using infographics in the classroom - create an infographic using Easel.ly’ presented by Fiona Beal from SchoolNet.
The webinar description
This webinar introduces the use of infographics in a classroom. Wikipedia defines infographics as ‘graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly’. Infographics are great for today’s visual learners and they can be used in many ways in a classroom. To name a few:
· To introduce the writer of a novel or a story.
· To talk about the story or the novel highlighting the important event.
· To present a topic or issue
· To preteach or teach a new subject.
· To give a message from statistical data
· To create a timeline – remembering important events
· To summarise points in a topic or event
· To present a book review or a new article.
Actually . Infographics can be used in every subject in so many creative ways to bring life to your curriculum. In this webinar we will demonstrate creating an infographic using Easel.ly which is one of the easiest creation applications with 15 free templates that can be modified.
This presentation has been uploaded to the SchoolNet SlideShare account and it can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.
The Webinar Recording
Unfortunately we had sound problems during the webinar and the recording isn’t currently available. This will be rerecorded soon - watch this space!
SchoolNet holds a webinar every Thursday afternoon at 3.30pm