Title: Using infographics in the classroom - create an infographic using Easel.ly
Summary: This webinar introduces the use of infographics in a classroom. Wikipedia defines infographics as ‘graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly’. Infographics are great for today’s visual learners and they can be used in many ways in a classroom. To name a few:
- To introduce the writer of a novel or a story.
- To talk about the story or the novel highlighting the important event.
- To present a topic or issue
- To preteach or teach a new subject.
- To give a message from statistical data
- To create a timeline – remembering important events
- To summarise points in a topic or event
- To present a book review or a new article. Actually, Infographics can be used in every subject in so many creative ways to bring life to your curriculum. In this webinar we will demonstrate creating an infographic using Easel.ly which is one of the easiest creation applications with 15 free templates that can be modified.
When: Thursday 13 March, 3:30 PM - 3:45 PM (15 – 20 mins)
Time Zone: (GMT+02:00) Pretoria
To join the meeting: http://meet78641452.adobeconnect.com/r81ndf789kv/
What is an infographic
Example of an infographic using Easel.ly
If you have never attended an Adobe Connect meeting before or if you haven’t attended an Adobe Connect meeting for a while you might need to install a free add-in.
Test your connection:
SchoolNet South Africa provides a short, free webinar every Thursday afternoon during the school term.