SchoolNet and iEarn work together in several projects. Consequently we are highlighting the online Global Education Conference’s call for presenters.
The virtual iEARN conference last year was a great success with over 90 presentations by teachers and students All iEARN participants around the world are invited to meet again this year in the fourth annual Global Education Conference, a free week-long online event bringing together educators and innovators from around the world, to be held Monday, November 18 through Friday, November 22, 2013 (Saturday, November 23rd in some time zones).
iEARN educators, youth, and other partners are invited to submit proposals that share examples and collaborative projects related to connecting classrooms and youth programs, with a strong emphasis on promoting global awareness, fostering global competency, and inspiring action towards solving real–world problems.
iEARN-USA is again a supporting partner of the Global Education Conference, and iEARNparticipants are requested to tag their proposals with "2013iEARN" so that they can be included in the iEARN calendar of activities happening as part of the event.
Want to present? Visit the Call for Proposals page for more information
The GEC iEARN track is for proposals from participants of, and those interested in getting involved in, iEARN. These are generally sessions focused on using technology to build global understanding and enhance teaching and learning. Proposals are encouraged in all languages and across all grade levels from early childhood through high school level. Both educators and youth are encouraged to present! Pre-service and in-service teacher education programs with a technology-enabled international exchange component are encouraged to submit proposals too.
Ideas for presentations include:
- Using cell phones and mobile devices in collaborative project work
- Teaching students 21st century skills through global collaborative projects
- Global project-based learning as a language acquisition strategy
- Preparing students to go abroad
- Videoconferencing tools for supporting real-time connections
- Supporting youth media-making in the classroom
- ...and any other topics related to the theme of using technology and virtual exchange to build global understanding and enhance teaching and learning